Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Expert advice from Audrey Snow of Audrey Snow Photography

Here's an excerpt from a great blog post from Audreys blog post on "Budoir 101":

"There are a lot of questions and misconceptions when it comes to boudoir photography. This is a photographic specialty that is gaining more and more popularity, particularly amongst brides. Many women have heard and seen enough about it to know they are interested but not enough to have any idea what to expect. Since the start of Audrey Snow Photography I have photographed many boudoir sessions and answered even more questions on the subject. It seems about time to shed some light on the boudoir shoot for those still curious.

First off, I’d like to tackle a couple of common misconceptions I’ve heard regarding boudoir sessions.

1. “I would love to have photos like that of me if I had a perfect body. Maybe I’ll hit the gym hard for 6 months and then schedule something.”

Nonsense! One of the best things about a boudoir session is it is a gift to yourself. A gift to celebrate who you are and what you look like now, because truly, you’re gorgeous, even if you don’t yet realize it. We are our own worst critics, especially when it comes to our appearance. So give yourself a break and let someone else be the judge!

3. “I’ve seen glamour shoots on photographer’s sites before. It seems trashy. I don’t think that’s for me.”

Okay, it’s possible a boudoir session isn’t for you, but take a look at the difference between boudoir and glamour before you decide. Even between boudoir photographers, there is a big range of styles. My brand Allure Boudoir is based on a sense of natural femininity. Like a glimpse of a secret world, it’s flirty and intimate, sexy and natural, but NOT trashy or vulgar in any way. This feel comes from the use of tasteful yet seductive poses. It also is marked by the use of natural light whenever possible, soft dreamy focus, and natural, casual shooting environments (most often the client’s own home)."


You can read the rest of the post and see some of Audreys beautiful images on Audreys Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment oh Wise One!